A couple of the blogs I follow have compiled lists of their ten favorite bits of movie soundtracks. It sounds like fun, so I will join them.
You will notice that I like period dramas.
Note: The tracks are not listed in order of preference.
1. The theme from the 2008 version of Sense and Sensibility. It's the first 35 seconds of this video. Then there's the kinda sad piano bit, and then another good theme after that.
2. The theme from the 2009 version of Emma. I happen to know that Liam, Head Phil's sisters like this piece, and now nearly every time I hear it, I think of them.
3. I've Seen Hell from the 2004 version of North and South. The best part is toward the end.
4 and 5. Test Drive and Forbidden Friendship from How to Train Your Dragon.
6. The theme from Little Dorrit.
7. The theme from the Keira Knightly version of Pride and Prejudice.
Here's the link to the video, since I cannot seem to find it on the silly Blogger YouTube search thingy.
8. I am the Doctor from the 5th season of Doctor Who. Not a movie, I know, but I love this piece.
9. The theme from Pirates of the Caribbean.
10. Septimus from Stardust
11. Fairground from Penelope.
There's a really good chance that I've left out some great pieces. The soundtrack from the new Star Trek movie is great, but I don't know of a specific track that I like.
Check out Liam's list and Erin's list too.
What are some of your favorites?