Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Liebster (Again)

I have once again received the Liebster, this time from Robyn @ Spiral-Bound. Thanks, Robyn!

Here are the rules:
Thank and link back to the person who nominated you. (See above.)
List 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
Ask them 11 questions.
Let them know about the nomination.

Facts:
  1. I have a guest-post live on Inklined! Check it out here.  
  2. My sister and I are taking an e-textile class at our library this week. 
  3. That means we're making clothes and stuff that light up/make noise. 
  4. Today I'll make a shirt with blinking LEDs which I'll embroider around to look like fireflies, to go with the song Fireflies by Owl City, which I've programmed into a microprocessor. 
  5. Today is my dad's birthday.
  6. I've been working on the goals/motivations of my villain in Noxumbra, and have confirmed my suspicion that I'll be rewriting the end. Again. 
  7. My mom recently took pictures of me, so I'll be updating that photo of me on my sidebar.
  8. That photo is three years old. It's time it got updated.
  9. I'm writing this post on the family computer, so at the bottom of this post it says that my mom wrote it, when in fact I just used a different computer and didn't bother to sign her out and sign me in.
  10.  I just knocked the mouse of the desk. 
  11. As soon as I'm done with this post, I'm going to fold wash and continue listening to the audiobook of The Monuments Men (which is awesome and you should totally read it.)
Now for the questions:
1. Do you prefer Winter or Summer? Summer. I tolerate heat better than I do cold.
2. What is your favorite section of the bookstore? YA/Fantasy and Sale. Or, if it's a used book store, vintage/antique books. I have a little collection now of old books.
3. What is the most interesting non-fiction book you’ve read? Definitely The Monuments Men by Robert M. Edsel and Bret Witter. I haven't finished it yet, but OH. MY. GOSH. The stories are amazing. Plus I'm learning more about WWII than I ever did in school.
4. What is the best writing prompt you’ve ever used? Ooh. That's a hard one. I once wrote a short story off the prompt "I have coated my left hand in magical ink" which I got off the Writing Excuses website. That was fun.
5. The farthest you’ve ever been from home (you don’t have to say where you live)? Philadelphia. My mom and I went there for an early 18th birthday trip and I had SO much fun. Would definitely go back and spend a month there.
6.  What do you do to keep yourself from being bored on long car trips? I don't get bored easily, but I generally bring books to read. Though often my family will just talk. When my sister and I were little, long car trips meant we would listen to any Hank the Cow Dog book by John R. Ericson. They're narrated by the author and fantastic. So funny and enjoyable for all ages. They really are best listened to, because he sings all the songs and stuff.
7. If you could go back in time, what time would you visit and why? Ooh. Hmm. Perhaps Victorian or Regency England, because I have a thing for period dramas that take place right about then.
8. On that note, would you consider yourself a Whovian? If so, favorite episode of Doctor Who? Definitely a Whovian. My favorite episode is Blink, though I love pretty much any episode from Season 4 (the Donna season).
9. Favorite board game? Least favorite? I've had a great deal of fun playing Risk, and I can't think of one that I really dislike.
10. What is the longest book you’ve ever read and about how many pages long was it? I think Inheritance by Christopher Paolini, which is 800+ pages long.
11. Which famous author (living or dead) would you want to read your books and give you feedback? I truly have no idea. One who is good at giving feedback.

My questions:
  1. If you could have any super power, what would it be? 
  2. What is a job you have absolutely no interest in having? 
  3. You are a character in the last book you read. Who are you? 
  4. If you could be a side character in any book ever, which would you choose?
  5. If you found buried treasure, what would you do with it?
  6. What is your favorite smell? 
  7. You are suddenly given the opportunity and power to dictate that one item of clothing or accessory is popular. What do you choose? 
  8. If you had the ability to transform into any animal you wanted, which would you choose?
  9. What are some of your favorite words?
  10. Have you ever broken a bone?
  11. What's a song or piece of music you really like right now?

And that's that.

I nominate Krissy/Weaselbee @ Words in My Soul. It is my great pleasure to give her her very first blog award. 

And she's the only one I'm nominating. Once again, if you want this award, I hereby give it to you. 

Kirk out.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Lily!! Do you want to ask me the same questions you answered, or do you want to make some new ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've read Inheritance?! Did you love it? I love the Inheritance Cycle so much.

    "Kirk out." What is that? I like it muchly and find it amusing, and wonder where it came from. If I like where it came from, I might "borrow" it. (I tend to do that.)

    I enjoyed reading this and getting to know you a bit!

    Jessy @ Barefoot in the Snow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inheritance was good. The end made me mad at first, but now that I've thought about it and learned more about story crafting, I'm not mad at it any more. I loved reading that series.

      "Kirk out" is a Star Trek reference. It's what Captain Kirk says whenever he ends a video conversation.

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I wasn't exactly thrilled with the end, either, but I'm satisfied with it. I think. I don't really remember. Those books are most certainly on my re-reads list.

      Ah, alas, I've never seen Star Trek. Yet.

      Of course! :)

      Delete