- There has to be a cat. Period. A dog will suffice, and maybe the occasional ostrich, but there really needs to be a cat.
- Don't kill, maim, injure, or lose the cat (or any other animals, unless it's an alligator). If you so much as drop the cat in a crowd of people, she'll stop reading. I'm serious. That actually happened.
- The more explosives you use, the better. I'm participating in the Go Teen Writers 100 word challenge and I was able to predict which of the paragraphs I wrote she would like the best by the fact that I used explosives.
- Use as many pretty ballgowns as possible. Describe them all. And they have to be interesting. For instance: "Cynthia wore a violet ballgown of spider's silk. As she spun through the room, her skirts caught the light, making it look like it was lightning flashing with every dosey-doe." would make her happy. I think....
- Use classic cars (her favorite is the 1954 Corvette). She loves old cars.
- Don't hurt the car.
- Use lots of duct tape.
Sunday, February 26, 2012
My Sister's Reading Requirements
In the past couple days, I've come to realize that my sister has some very strict reading policies. They're not ridiculous, but when you put them in a list together, they're hilarious.