Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving and a NaNoWriMo Update

Happy Thanksgiving, chaps! I hope this lovely day of thanks is treating you well. I'm grateful for a great many things, far more than I could ever list, but here are ten examples:
  1. Books.
  2. Music.
  3. My awesome family for putting up with my writing crazies.
  4. Food.
  5. My awesome writing friends.
  6. The great writing resources I've found, such as Go Teen Writers and Writing Excuses.
  7. Things that make me laugh, smile, and curl my toes with glee.
  8. Glitter.
  9. Textbooks, experience, and other things that help me learn. 
  10. Our garden.
And a bonus number 11: NaNoWriMo!

As you may have noticed, I won NaNoWriMo! 50 thousand words in 21 days. This is my best time for NaNo yet, even if I didn't write a full novel (I think that may be one of the reasons I won faster than in previous years--I didn't worry about things not making sense and plots falling apart.)

And now that I'm done, I'm jumping back into edits for last year's NaNo. I take that back. What I will be doing is not editing. It is full-flung, head-on, rip-it-to-shreads-and-put-it-back-together, revision. Yeah. Should be fun.

Those of you still writing and trying to hit 50k, YOU CAN DO IT! I believe in ya.

And a lovely, mashed-potato-filled evening/morning/afternoon/whatever to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment